The nearest airports to Macerata are:
- Ancona-Falconara airport: http://www.ancona-airport.com/Default.asp
- Pescara airport: http://www.abruzzo-airport.it/eng/index.php
- Rimini airport: http://www.riminiairport.com/
- Rome airports (Fiumicino or Ciampino): Fiumicino https://www.adr.it/fiumicino or Ciampino http://www.adr.it/ciampino
- Bologna airport: http://www.bologna-airport.it/
- Forlì airport: http://www.forliairport.com/
FROM ANCONA AIRPORT TO MACERATA
- From ANCONA AIRPORT To ANCONA TRAIN STATION
Select one of the following possibilities:
- Take Intercity CONERO BUS from the airport to Ancona train station. Check the bus schedules on this page (Autolinea J): http://www.conerobus.it/resources/orari/Collegamenti_Aeroporto_2009.pdf
- Walk to Castel Ferretti train station (it takes around 5 minutes). From Castel Ferretti station take the train to Ancona. Check the train schedules on: http://www.trenitalia.com/
- From ANCONA TRAIN STATION to MACERATA TRAIN STATION
Choose one of the following options:
- Take the train from Ancona to Macerata. You may have to change at Civitanova Marche. Check the train schedule on this page: http://trenitalia.it/
- Take the direct bus (CONTRAM) from Ancona to Macerata. Check the schedules on: http://www.contram.it/. Click on “Ricerca Orari” and type “Ancona” in the string “Fermate di Partenza” and “Macerata” in “Fermate di arrivo”
FROM ROME TO MACERATA
ROME AIRPORTS ► DIRECT BUS or TRAIN from CASTRO PRETORIO or TIBURTINA TRAIN STATION
1) FIUMICINO and CIAMPINO AIRPORTS ► TERMINI TRAIN STATION
SUBWAY: from Sunday to Thursday 5:30 am. to 11:30 pm. Friday and Saturday from 5:30am to 1:30am.
2) FIUMICINO AIRPORT ► TIBURTINA TRAIN STATION
- SUBWAY : FL1 metropolitan service (direction: Fara Sabina) stops in Tiburtina Station. Frequency: every 15 minutes; on weekdays and holidays every 30 minutes. The fare is € 8,00.
- BUS: All the busses to Castro Pretorio and Tiburtina Train Station leave from the bus terminals n. 1-4 in front of Terminal 3 exit (follow the sign to “Bus Station”). Frequency: from Monday to Sunday every 30 minutes. The ride lasts about 55min. Tickets can be purchased: directly on board or on line (different URLs for different bus terminals:
3) CIAMPINO AIRPORT ► TIBURTINA TRAIN STATION
– COTRAL/SCHIAFFINI BUS from Ciampino airport to Ciampino train station every 30 min. once you get there, a light rail connects the train station of Ciampino to Termini station on average every 15 min.
– BUS: Daily connection with public transportation between the airport and the railway station of Roma Termini. Several lines are available:
FROM ALL THE OTHER ITALIAN AIRPORTS TO MACERATA: It is recommended to take the train. Check schedules and prices at: http://trenitalia.it/
- Train (Milan- Lecce): you may have to change at Civitanova train station where you can take the Local train to Macerata.
- Train from Rome to Ancona: you may have to change at Fabriano station (one switch earlier in Foligno station is possible) and then take the local train to Macerata. Check schedules and prices at: http://trenitalia.it/
Along the Adriatic coast, you need to take highway A14, exit Civitanova Marche
- Take the motorway to Rome, exit Macerata
Along the Tyrrhenian coast, you need to take highway A1 “Autostrada del Sole”
- From Florence: exit ‘Val di Chiana’ and then follow the direction Perugia-Macerata;
- From Rome: exit Orte-Foligno and then follow the direction Foligno –Macerata.