For non-EU citizens who intend to stay and study in Italy, there are different options according to the length of stay:
- Under three months stay: study visa is not compulsory. You can simply enter Italy as a tourist. Warning: students from the following countries must apply for a Tourist Visa: Belarus, Bosnia-Herzegovina, China, Colombia, Macedonia, Georgia, Morocco, Peru, Serbia, Montenegro, Russia, Taiwan, Thailand, Turkey and Ukraine.
- Over three months stay: people who want to study in Italy must go personally to the Embassy or the Consulate in order to apply for a study visa.
Gather and prepare the following required documents:
- Valid passport
- Certificate of enrolment from the host school (www.italianoeco.com)
- The Declaration and Certification of Finances (DCF) to prove students have funds available for their educational and living expenses in the host Country. This letter must be notarized by a public notary;
- a bank statement indicating bank account numbers (student or parents) and student’s financial situation
- Valid International health and travel insurance
- Proof of accommodation for the whole period of your studies in Italy. Italiano&Co. can certify that our school undertakes to helps students find an appropriate accommodation.
- Proof of the availability of the financial means needed for repatriation (generally a return ticket is sufficient)
One year stay: if students wish to stay in Italy for study reasons, before leaving, they must apply for a study visa of D type according to the length of the studies. Visa can be issued for a maximum stay of 365 days (one year).
More than one year: students must present a certificate of enrolment in a multi-year course/s at the moment of the student visa request. The visa will be valid for 365 days, and it is compulsory to pass it to the Foreigners Office within eight days after their arrival in Italy in order to receive a residence permit. At the end of the year, it is possible to renew the residence permit in order to continue their studies.
- Students applying for a student visa must send the registration form with a proof of payment related to the course chosen for the entire period of study.
- In order to obtain a study visa, students must enroll in an intensive group course (20 hours per week).
- Our school issues valid certificates in order to get a study visa. If students wish to receive the original certificate by DHL express, they are expected to pay an additional charge.
- It is not possible to cancel or change the datesof the course for which students received a student visa. Each certificate must correspond to the specific course in which students are enrolled.
- In case of visa rejection, students are entitled to a full refund of your payment but they must inform the school up to 10 working days before the beginning of the course. Moreover, they are expected to send the original certificates to the school.
- The processing time for visa application may take more than 90 days. Students waiting for a visa must immediately inform the school in case of delay or change in arrival date. In any case, every communication shall be sent no later than 2 weeks (10 working days) before the start date originally planned. Moreover, it’s impossible to change the dates of the course more than twice.
- Once arrived in Italy, if students decide to shorten the period of staying, by withdrawing from courses that have already begun, the school will retain the total amount paid for the entire study period for which a certificate of registration was issued.